Options

LR plugin question

allanrubéallanrubé Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
edited April 14, 2017 in SmugMug Support

When I started using LR in 2014 I placed my files in folders by subject as I had always done. Recently, I went back to pre 2014 files, imported them in LR, and moved the files into the same folder system. Many raw files were lost in the process. So, I have now have folders on my hard drive - let me give an example - "at the beach" - that contain both raw and tiffs. To keep it simple, let's assume I took 50 raw images. So I have 50 raw files. However, some of them were bracketed shots I use for hdr images so that I only have 30 tiff files (some are like 39-35hdr.tiff)

In the past (before using smug) this was not a problem. I selected just the tiff files in the folder and exported as jpgs which I then used to generate my web pages.

But will this be a problem now if I use the plug in? I would like the corresponding smug gallery "on the beach" to sync just the tiff files from my hard drive and ignore all the raw files. Will this happen? If not, I can continue to export jpgs and then manually upload them to Smug but I would rather use the plugin.

Comments

• Options
    mrneutronmrneutron Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins

You can just edit your RAW files in Lightroom. Then drag the finished HDR TIFF into the gallery in the publish service.
    Then the other RAW files won't get uploaded. Just don't drag all the RAW files into a gallery in the publish service (under the SmugMug icon).
    Only finished work should be uploaded.

Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com