Options

Abstract

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited April 18, 2017

Very cool shot, Cristóbal. Great colors and nicely abstract. Unlike many other abstract shots, this one doesn't make me wonder what the hell it is--it just stands on its own. Out of curiosity, I tried rotating it and each rotation had a slightly different feeling. My favorite was 90 degrees CCW, though 90 degrees CW also appealed to me. I can't explain why, just a gut reaction. In fact, it might be interesting to arrange all four rotations placed on a single canvas, either in a 2 by 2 square or 4 across. Just a thought.

Well done.

• Options

@Richard said:
    Very cool shot, Cristóbal. Great colors and nicely abstract. Unlike many other abstract shots, this one doesn't make me wonder what the hell it is--it just stands on its own. Out of curiosity, I tried rotating it and each rotation had a slightly different feeling. My favorite was 90 degrees CCW, though 90 degrees CW also appealed to me. I can't explain why, just a gut reaction. In fact, it might be interesting to arrange all four rotations placed on a single canvas, either in a 2 by 2 square or 4 across. Just a thought.

Well done.

Thanks for the comment and the idea! I will give it a try. More later...

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Its lovely Cristobal.....the bokeh is not soft enough for me....competing with the bar.....also the the purple dots are making think of what we don't speak of.....noise....even though it isn't....JMO.

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    Its lovely Cristobal.....the bokeh is not soft enough for me....competing with the bar.....also the the purple dots are making think of what we don't speak of.....noise....even though it isn't....JMO.

Thanks for the comments Taz!

• Options

Based on Richard's suggestion I came up with this...

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator

@Juano said:
    Based on Richard's suggestion I came up with this...

I like the combination!

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

yeah, that rework is piece of art....now the attention is away from purple dots.....cheers!

• Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins

Cristobal, I liked the original and really love the combi-rework. My only very slight quibble is that I wish focus on the brass part in the foreground were a tad sharper. Thanks for sharing your art!

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited April 19, 2017

Cool, I like it. With four images, there are 24 possible permutations using each rotation once, and 256 if you allow duplication. That could keep you busy for a while :smiley: .

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    yeah, that rework is piece of art....now the attention is away from purple dots.....cheers!

Thanks Taz.

@sarasphotos said:
    Cristobal, I liked the original and really love the combi-rework. My only very slight quibble is that I wish focus on the brass part in the foreground were a tad sharper. Thanks for sharing your art!

Hi Sara, I agree. It was difficult to get everything in focus as the brass tube curves.

@Richard said:
    Cool, I like it. With four images, there are 24 possible permutations using each rotation once, and 256 if you allow duplication. That could keep you busy for a while :smiley: .

Ha! It would keep me busy for sure! You're welcome to try! :)

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

You know. Cristóbal, that I'm an abstract freak. I find this production very appealing. Well done.

Take care,

Tom

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Nicely done Cristobal

You're a good sport - fielding suggestions... I have one experiment..

Pixelate (sharply) an oval layer in the center of the color field and blend edges... see how it looks...

Rags
  • Options

@torags said:
    Nicely done Cristobal

You're a good sport - fielding suggestions... I have one experiment..

Pixelate (sharply) an oval layer in the center of the color field and blend edges... see how it looks...

I'm happy to play Rags, but I don't know how to do what you are suggesting...

• Options

@black mamba said:
    You know. Cristóbal, that I'm an abstract freak. I find this production very appealing. Well done.

Take care,

Tom

Thanks Tom