Options

A Few Drone shots

GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator

Very nice. These are really lovely - not because they were shot with a drone, but because they have lovely compositions and color tones.

Very good use of your drone!

I say this as a fellow drone flyer ( P3Pro) I know how challenging it can be to get great landscape captures with a drone.

Very well done, indeed!

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options

Thank you , composition rules are still the same even in the air :)

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,179 moderator
    edited April 19, 2017

These are amazing, both technically and photographically. The second and last shots show what a different perspective can offer; the third is a great abstract. The lighthouse is wonderful for many reasons. If I had a nit, it would be the inclusion of the far off coast on the top left of the lighthouse pic. That one also needs a slight horizon adjustment. Well done though, for all of these.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

3 is breathtaking!

• Options
    chasgroh2chasgroh2 Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins

...as an olde VN helo pilot, these are inspirational! So, you're shooting stills and can see what the camera sees via your controller?

Charlie Groh
    (tin can tied to the bumper)
  • Options

@chasgroh2 said:
    ...as an olde VN helo pilot, these are inspirational! So, you're shooting stills and can see what the camera sees via your controller?

Yes the controller screen is live view, so all camera adjustments, apperture, shutter speed and iso all show as adjusted.

• Options

@David_S85 said:
    These are amazing, both technically and photographically. The second and last shots show what a different perspective can offer; the third is a great abstract. The lighthouse is wonderful for many reasons. If I had a nit, it would be the inclusion of the far off coast on the top left of the lighthouse pic. That one also needs a slight horizon adjustment. Well done though, for all of these.

Thank you David
    I thought the left hand coast line actually helped frame the larger empty free space , i usually would take it out but liked it better in this case.

• Options
    jkcothronjkcothron Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins

Very nice photography, drones have opened up a whole new genre of aerial photography

John Cothron
    Galleries: Smugmug|500px|Flickr