Options

First goslings of the season

double_entendredouble_entendre Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins

Toddled down to Bolsa Chica this morning to see what there was to be seen. A quiet day on the whole, aside from the joggers. My owl was hunkered down out of site.

But these proud parents were there. Best guess is these goslings are a week old or so. Cute little fellas.

Both pics were with a Nikon D7000, 300mm F4 lens and ISO 3200.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Sweet images!
    I would consider spending some time cleaning up bottom left corner of top image....cloning out the twig and discoloration at bottom left.
    If there was a way to add bit more room around second one...that would be wonderful too!

• Options
    double_entendredouble_entendre Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Sweet images!
    I would consider spending some time cleaning up bottom left corner of top image....cloning out the twig and discoloration at bottom left.
    If there was a way to add bit more room around second one...that would be wonderful too!

Thank you for the thoughts. I actually cropped the 2nd one really hard, so that's easy to do.

Cloning out that branch could be tougher. I think the discoloration is just moss or dirt, but I'm not sure that I'm looking at what you're seeing.

Thanks!

• Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins

I've no idea whether the environment would allow you to - but my usual comment re waterfowl shots - ie get a pov as close to water level as possible - would also be worth trying imo.

pp