Silver Bird

spiderspider Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited January 19, 2006 in Holy Macro
There's not too much technical merit to this shot, but I've always been fascinated by airplanes in flight. As a kid in the early 1950s, I used to try to shoot planes flying over with my Brownie Hawkeye - never with any success.

It was a cold, clear morning one day last week and there were a number of contrails overhead. The planes were invisible to the naked eye, but I put my Sigma 70-300 APO DG on my RebelXT and got a few decent handheld shots.

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    Ghost Plane?
    spider wrote:
    There's not too much technical merit to this shot, but I've always been fascinated by airplanes in flight. As a kid in the early 1950s, I used to try to shoot planes flying over with my Brownie Hawkeye - never with any success.

It was a cold, clear morning one day last week and there were a number of contrails overhead. The planes were invisible to the naked eye, but I put my Sigma 70-300 APO DG on my RebelXT and got a few decent handheld shots.

Golly that looks ghostly even doesn't it :uhoh interesting shot I must say.
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    whoa, how heavily cropped is thateek7.gif

i doubt even harry could reach that thing with his crazy lenses.
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• spiderspider Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited January 19, 2006
    DanielB wrote:
    whoa, how heavily cropped is thateek7.gif

That was 100% cropped. Originally taken in RAW, compressed to JPEG and then cropped.