Options

Edit gallery title

JDGSJDGS Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited May 4, 2017 in SmugMug Customization
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance for your help!
I'm struggling with something and I've already tried almost everything. I want to change the size and position of the galleries titles, here it is my site: https://danielsantos.smugmug.com/Gallerie/Birds/
The galleries theme is "Smugmug" but I edit it using this: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations/Gallery/FIlmstrip-Gallery-Style

I already tried many different css codes but none worked. Some examples bellow:

.sm-tiles-grid ul li a p {
font-size: 125%!important;
padding-left: 0!important;
padding-right: 0!important;
color: white!important;
font-weight: bold!important;
}

Some codes from here: https://helpdesk.smugmug.com/Customization-CSS-for-heroes-s/Font-Customizations

Update: I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if there is some conflict in the site, but I actually cannot make any modifications on the galleries using css. I'm still using the 14 day trial, does it have anything to do with this?

Comments

• Options
    Smug EricSmug Eric Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 333
    edited May 4, 2017

It looks like that code is trying to target this section of your page:

But there is no p tag there. After the a is just two img tags. But for that page you should be able to target the gallery title with this:

.sm-gallery-cover-info .sm-gallery-cover-title {
    Font-size: 10px;
    }

Eric
    Support Hero and Customeister
    http://www.smugmug.com/help
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins

Where do you want the text to go?

This will change the font-size, color and style. Add that to your theme's CSS:

.sm-user-ui .sm-gallery-cover .sm-gallery-cover-title {
        color: #f00;
        font-size: 125%;
        font-weight: bold;
        }

• Options
    I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if there is some conflict in the site, but I actually cannot make any modifications on the galleries using css. I'm still using the 14 day trial, does it have anythi> @"Smug Eric" said:
    > It looks like that code is trying to target this section of your page:
    >
    >
    >
    > But there is no p tag there. After the a is just two img tags. But for that page you should be able to target the gallery title with this:
    >
    > .sm-gallery-cover-info .sm-gallery-cover-title {
    > Font-size: 10px;
    > }

> @"Hikin' Mike" said:
    > Where do you want the text to go?
    >
    > This will change the font-size, color and style. Add that to your theme's CSS:
    >
    > .sm-user-ui .sm-gallery-cover .sm-gallery-cover-title { color: #f00; font-size: 125%; font-weight: bold; }

Thank you both for helping, I really appreciate it. However, neither of the codes work in my site.
    Hikin' Mike the vertical position is ok, I just want to change the horizontal position. I want the middle of text to be positioned where the image starts.
  • Options

@JDGS said:
    Thank you both for helping, I really appreciate it. However, neither of the codes work in my site.

Hikin' Mike the vertical position is ok, I just want to change the horizontal position. I want the middle of text to be positioned where the image starts.

I'm not seeing the code on your site. Where did you put it? The code works. I usually put my CSS on my theme's site-wide CSS, but putting a CSS block on 'All Galleries' should work as well.

• Options
    edited May 4, 2017
    > @"Hikin' Mike" said:
    > @JDGS said:
    > Thank you both for helping, I really appreciate it. However, neither of the codes work in my site.
    >
    > Hikin' Mike the vertical position is ok, I just want to change the horizontal position. I want the middle of text to be positioned where the image starts.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm not seeing the code on your site. Where did you put it? The code works. I usually put my CSS on my theme's site-wide CSS, but putting a CSS block on 'All Galleries' should work as well.

I put it on "All Galleries", but I moved it to the "Entire site" just to see if it would work and finally worked! Thank you so much! Just one more thing, how could I move the text to the position I want?
  • Options

Replace the code I posted earlier and use this. It just adds a few more lines to the original CSS I posted and a new set of lines:

color: red;
        font-size: 120%;
        max-width: 100%;
        text-align: center;
        }

.sm-user-ui .sm-gallery-cover[data-show-buy="true"][data-show-download="true"] .sm-gallery-cover-info, 
    .sm-user-ui .sm-gallery-cover[data-show-buy="true"][data-show-slideshow="true"] .sm-gallery-cover-info {
        padding-right: 0;
        }

• Options
    It worked perfectly, thank you very much!
  • Options

@Hikin' Mike said:
    Replace the code I posted earlier and use this. It just adds a few more lines to the original CSS I posted and a new set of lines:

color: red;
      font-size: 120%;
      max-width: 100%;
      text-align: center;
      }

.sm-user-ui .sm-gallery-cover[data-show-buy="true"][data-show-download="true"] .sm-gallery-cover-info, 
    .sm-user-ui .sm-gallery-cover[data-show-buy="true"][data-show-slideshow="true"] .sm-gallery-cover-info {
      padding-right: 0;
      }

Recently I disabled the slideshow button in the gallery settings and the title moved a bit to the left:

Any idea how to center the title again? I already tried to change the "max-width" and "padding-right" but it didn't work.

• Options

@JDGS said:

Any idea how to center the title again? I already tried to change the "max-width" and "padding-right" but it didn't work.

Add this:

.sm-user-ui .sm-gallery-cover[data-show-buy="true"] .sm-gallery-cover-info {
        padding-left: 204px;
        }

• Options

@Hikin' Mike said:

@JDGS said:

Add this:

.sm-user-ui .sm-gallery-cover[data-show-buy="true"] .sm-gallery-cover-info {
      padding-left: 204px;
      }

Thank you, it worked