Options

Firefox show colors off

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins

Looking at my site using Firefox all the reds look like orange. I fixed this years ago by a setting in about:config. I think the value from 0 > 1 but don't remember. Anyone know the Preference Name to change?

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,246 moderator

I found this page that specifies color management parameter in Firefox (via about:config) - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1133037.
    These may be the settings you need.

• Options

Thanks Denise, I finally found that and figured it might be the one. There are only 4 color related ones that had an integer, all showing 0.

What bothers me is I can correct what I see for color in FF but visitors do not.

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins

I've not seen anyone mention issues with color management in Firefox in a long time. Which version of Firefox do you use and what exact settings do you have in place right now?
    Can you also try the following? Arrange two Firefox windows side by side. In one open up an example photo in lightbox from your SmugMug gallery. In the other window drag in the original of the same photo from your computer. Then take a screenshot of your whole screen showing the two Firefox windows side by side.
    Also what operating system do you use and what are your system's color profile / management settings?

Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2017

Previous edit I didn't post.
    Changed from 0 > 1 and it did not help. It's like I'm using a flash and red shows up as orange if I do not set WB to "flash".
    I'm sure it worked before.

D/L'ed original and compared in browser windows, lightbox and jpg looked identical side by side.
    Photo I used.
    http://www.photosbyat.com/Birds/2012-Birding/Birding-2012-January/2012-01-11-Vermilion-Flyc/i-JLhxDHZ
    Screen shot of widows side by side