Options

Link colors

bokehlover71bokehlover71 Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
edited May 7, 2017 in SmugMug Support

I have set a custom accent/link color to the same as my logo color. But I don't think they are the same. The logo is in gold, as it should be, but the links are more like yellow. Any suggestions how I can get the link color I want?

Comments

• Options
    Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins

Hi bokehlover71,
    No, your colors are not quite the same. If you set the custom accent/link color to #85754E (rgb 133,117,78) instead of the current #BA9C4A (rgb 186, 156, 74) it should be the same color as your logo.

Good luck.

Lille Ulven

https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels
  • Options

I have checked over and over again, but I have pasted exactly the same colors in both logo and accent colors (#85754E). This is very odd. Maybe there is a kind of bug? Here is a screenshot of both settings:

They look exactly the same when I enter the values, but they don't look the same on the page. The links look like the value you mentioned (#BA9C4A).

• Options
    Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins

Hi bokehlover71,

I read the colors of your links out from your CSS code...
    .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-text a, .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-text a:hover, .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-text a:active, .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-text a:visited {
    color: #BA9C4A;
    }

but then trick 17c should work:
    add this CSS to your theme, either via customize theme or in a CSS box that is valid for the entire website:
    .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-text a, .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-text a:hover, .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-text a:active, .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-text a:visited {
    color: #85754E;
    }

Hope this helps. (Except that we still don't know why it is changed...)

Lille Ulven

https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels
  • Options

Thanks a lot! That did the trick!

But I still don't know why the ordinary way doesn't work :-)