Looking for Camera backpack plus cooler...

RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins

In my professional job I am an airline pilot and I like to take along my camera. The problem is that I also pack a cooler plus my flight bag (required to carry the one issued by the company) and my roller bag. This is obviously a lot of stuff to cart around, and I'm looking to decrease the number of bags I have to carry. I am looking for a camera backpack that has a cooler with enough space for several containers of frozen leftovers that is an insulated section. Then in a separate section padded dividers for a camera and a lens, and hopefully a laptop slot as well.

I have searched and searched and have yet to find what I am looking for and was hoping the hive mind might be able to give me some suggestions. I would even be OK with a regular backpack that has a cooler section, then getting a camera insert for the other section.

I'm looking to hold my 40D+grip with a Tamron 28-300 attached. Also space for a 10-22 and a black rapids strap.

Thanks everyone in advance!

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
    edited May 13, 2017

Size/dimension restrictions?
    Preferred size of cooler compartment?
    How many hours of insulation desired? (Also, what cooler are you using now?)
    Laptop dimensions?

Anything else which helps describe your needs?

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins

One possible consideration: Lots of camera bags have straps for attaching things, or certainly can be strapped. If you got compatible sizes each with a flat edge, can you "roll your own" by attaching a cooler pack to a camera backpack?

I think you might find it difficult to find a ready made one (though I might be surprised), since cooling almost always involves condensation somewhere.