A "few" shots from Thailand and Laos (11 pics)

OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
edited January 18, 2006 in Holy Macro
Enjoy...

BTW - no postprocessing has been done to any of these pictures. Any reccommendations/comments would be welcome as always.

Thanks for having a look...

45504746-L.jpg

45514974-L.jpg

47122809-L.jpg

47122921-L.jpg

49180959-L-1.jpg

46635232-L.jpg

49179014-L.jpg

46635216-L.jpg

45519334-L.jpg

45519314-L.jpg

48478637-L-1.jpg
Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]

Comments

• behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    Nice series. I was surprised that there was very little Thai on all of those signs. I was also surprised to see that they have 7-11's over there.

Bear
  • OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    behr655 wrote:
    Nice series. I was surprised that there was very little Thai on all of those signs. I was also surprised to see that they have 7-11's over there.

Bear

7-11's EVERYWHERE...and the "sign" shot was taken on Ko San Road which is the backpacker area of Bangkok - therefore, very Western.

Thanks for the post.
    www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
    Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    i like the railroad one and the one with the "spires" ? not quite sure what those are but they're beautiful. just wish that darn branch wasn't in the way.umph.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    Oakley wrote:
    BTW - no postprocessing has been done to any of these pictures. Any reccommendations/comments would be welcome as always.

You've got some great shots there, and you're obviously excited about them, and your trip. As you should be.

My recommendation: hold off on posting your shots until you've given them your best. Why would you want to post these pictures unprocessed, especially if they could really sing after you do? If you're looking for specific feedback, that's too many all at once. Just my opinion.

I like many of the shots, they could all be improved in PS, and I can't wait to see them when you're done with them.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited January 17, 2006
    DanielB wrote:
    i like the railroad one and the one with the "spires" ? not quite sure what those are but they're beautiful. just wish that darn branch wasn't in the way.umph.gif

I think they are called "stupas" and the branch is supposed to be there!rolleyes1.gif
    edited January 17, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    You've got some great shots there, and you're obviously excited about them, and your trip. As you should be.

My recommendation: hold off on posting your shots until you've given them your best. Why would you want to post these pictures unprocessed, especially if they could really sing after you do? If you're looking for specific feedback, that's too many all at once. Just my opinion.

I like many of the shots, they could all be improved in PS, and I can't wait to see them when you're done with them.

Really great advice David. Of course I'm not looking for specific comments on each photo. But patience is certaintly the lesson I needed to learn here....
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    Man, I love being taken to places like this.

Love all the signs in the first shot, and the guy checking out the chick across the street.

The commonplace presence of the elephants is a trip.

And the dog at the temple looks so world-wise and weary - he's totally human!

Good stuff, I enjoyed these very much.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • SirArmstrongSirArmstrong Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    Good set - I like the 11 butt shots in one picture! The Monks and elephants pic is cool.thumb.gif
    Steve

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."

Ansel Adams
  • MotoKatMotoKat Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    Wow!thumb.gif Great shots!
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    Hi Oakley
    Oakley wrote:
    Enjoy...

Thanks for having a look...

Awwwww look at that Elephant hehehe, he looks like's doing exactly what the dog it doing rolleyes1.gif awwwwww the scenery there looks just amazing.
    It's one place I haven't been......gosh it looks inviting.

Well you certainly have some wonderful photo opportunities don't you :D
    Thank you for you post.... very impressive indeed ..... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin