Joy of Spring

2»

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins

What a lovely set with so many favs. Golden wings, Divine Path, home sweet home and left behind are my picks

Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Ball3011Ball3011 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    Stunning... I love this part of CA!! I spent some serious time just looking at each photo and I'm beyond impressed! Wonderful!
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Thanks kindly Awais! Many thanks Ball! Yeah, feel lucky to live here!

• puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2017

These have only recently crossed my radar as I rarely trespass in the LSF.
    You've ticked many boxes here, imo - with the most important - by a long way - being the first in the mantra.

I'll quote Peter Cairns' (wildlife) tip No 18, as it sums things up nicely here, too.
    //It’s an old cliche but it really is all about the light. Watch it, study it and learn how to make it your friend; treat it with indifference and your images will suffer. It’s not just about light direction, it’s about quality of light. Look at many of your favourite images and most of them will not be down to subject choice but light.//

To my eyes there are so many pics floating around these days that ignore this - where the snapper has hoped that the importance / high profile nature etc of the subject is going to make up for the failures in the rest of the mantra - but esp. No.1.

It's also great to see pics taken within a local environment - rather than involving extensive (overseas) travel - only to (again) produce pics that miss the basics - just because it's on some random 'bucket list'
    Whilst it's a side issue, you've also not fallen into the trap many do re multi pic uploads - ie groups of similar pics of same scene with little difference between them - another plus - imo.

Today, I like 9 and 10 the best - but another viewing day things could be different.

Well done.

pp

be wary of titles, btw - I'd certainly not want to come back 'home' to what looks like an old barn.
    Since I've noted comments about shutter speeds in 4 ... you might like to have a shufties at some of these (nice - in small doses) pics ... not mine of course - just happens to be another Paul ...

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2017

Thanks So much PP! I will bookmark this thread as a reminder to myself!
    Have tried to follow your teachings and have been preaching it to others.....

One time at Mono Lake there were so many people that there were arguments about spots. Everyone facing same rock stack......then all of a sudden way to the right, the sky and water lit up pink and purple.....
    So abandoned my spot for which there were arguments and ran towards light....
    Literally 50 people there........with fancy gear that was at that time intimidating to me........NOT ONE pointed there camera in direction of light.
    In contrast, the rock stack was dim. dull, muddy.......to the point same people I was having argument with.....I tried to help them and say hey guys....light is OVER THERE.....
    They all looked at me and looked away....and kept shooting the stack....

I shook my head.....reminded myself to not be intimidated by fancy gear....and got the light!

Cheers PP!