SmugMug: many more clicks for permissions
When I told people our photos were moving to SmugMug, someone wished me well, saying that SmugMug was complicated and took a lot of time to figure out. I'm thinking that's true.
Let's take the use case where I'm trying to change the security on an album:
1. Click on album (gallery)
2. On the Sharing and/or Security panes, that are already visible on the window, check the boxes for the settings I want.
1. Click on the gallery (in the organizer folder view)
2. Click on settings (on the toolbar that's already visible on the window)
3. A menu appears. Click on Folder
4. The Folder Settings dialog appears. Click on Security & Sharing
5. On the Security & Sharing tab, select the options you want. These are all menus, so it's two clicks for each setting.
6. Press Save
From what I've been able to figure out, the number of mouse clicks and mouse movement around the screen to accomplish similar tasks is significantly greater in SmugMug. Am I missing an easier way to change these settings?
I don't see any keyboard shortcuts for SmugMug that might make it easier (I don't believe Phanfare had them, either, but with so many fewer clicks, I wasn't so concerned about alternatives.)