How do I figure out if galleries were collected or duplicated?

MikeLaurelMikeLaurel Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins

I'm trying to figure out what happened in the aftermath of my migration. I had thought I would have all my albums migrated to galleries at the top level, but my subsites.

I found all my subsites created as folders; however, I found only a few albums at the top level.

I'm guessing that all the albums are under subsites. I haven't had time to figure out if everything made it to the correct location. I noticed that some of the galleries I ended up at the top level of my site are galleries that I'd never published on Phanfare; however, some of them had been published and I can see them in multiple locations.

I reviewed the article about collections. It looks to me like I should see a remove menu item when clicking on the wrench menu, but I do not. I see the "Collect" option. Does that mean all my photos are duplicated instead of collected?

And if photos are collected, how do I figure out where the migration put the original photo vs. where the collected photo is?

Tagged:

Comments

• leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins

In the Organizer there's a little arrow icon that indicates it's a collected photo:

For understanding where the original gallery is, underneath the photo or in the Lightbox it will also say "From ..."

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • eisenseeisense Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins

If one removes a folder containing collected photos does the "original" or duplicate copy remain? What about in the other direction: if one removes the photo or folder from whence the collected photo apparently came does that leave the collected photo behind? Thanks.

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

@eisense said:
    If one removes a folder containing collected photos does the "original" or duplicate copy remain? What about in the other direction: if one removes the photo or folder from whence the collected photo apparently came does that leave the collected photo behind? Thanks.

If you remove a collected photo the original remains.
    If you remove the original photo the original and all places where it was collected are removed.

• KarinaExPhanfareKarinaExPhanfare Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins

And DONT do what I did and accidently delete all your originals thinking they were "spares"!! Only delete the ones with the arrows on them.