Softball sport collage for a mousepad

CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
edited February 3, 2006 in Sports
Hi everyone. This is my first time posting in the sports threads. Thought I'd share this collage layout of my daughters summer softball pics. Ordering this on a mousepad. I posted it the smug support thread also to double check on the crop or no crop issue.

Suggestions, critques and welcome. Thanks for looking.

52801448-M-1.jpg
Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    I think it's a terrific idea. And you have some excellent shots in there.

I do think there are too many images, and too much detail in some of the images. And some of the detail is extraneous. It might get visually very busy and confusing.

Since you already ordered it, I'm curious to see whether or not you agree when you get it. 1drink.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    My critique:

Simplify, simplify, simplify.

There's simply too much going on here for me, and many of the shots are redundant. Pick a few, leave some negative space (or white space, although it doesn't need to be literally white--just means emptiness) to give the eyes a rest from all the stimuli.

I don't like the vertical text, especially since it's the star of the mousepad!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    Thank you Sid & DavidTO.

I hadn't really saw the busyness of this being negative since it's for my busy, busy teenage daughter... but now that you mention it, I agree.

I set it up with vertical text imagining it as a mousepad in use... mouse towards the right covering small pics, text & main picture still visable and in line with the mouse... I'll certainly have to re-think this. At least the text portion.

I havn't ordered it yet but will today as I need to test the mousepads quality for customers. Will let you know my daughters responce when I give it to her.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appriciate it. Seeing from other viewpoints certainly helps. :):
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    thumb.gif Most mousepads seem to have really simple, bold designs. Given their size, that seems to make sense.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • David StevensDavid Stevens Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    thumb.gif Most mousepads seem to have really simple, bold designs. Given their size, that seems to make sense.

Good shots but I would eliminate some also.:):
    David L. Stevens