Options

The deviled egg

Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

This was considerably more difficult that I had anticipated when it was on the schedule. Shooting white on white is never exactly easy, but one on top of the other provided me with quite the challenge.

Steve

Website

Comments

• Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

Looks like you managed it quite well!

• Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

White on white, yea, always a tough one. You did really good with the lighting, bringing out the right amount of shadow and keeping a clear out line of the egg white.

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

The lighting was so good that even the white egg reflections are clear.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

I would have eaten right after the click!

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,810 moderator

A lot to like in this image. Great job on plating and lighting! (Yes, white-on-white is tricky, and everyone really should try it as an exercise.)

I'm not so sure about the stack of empty plates. They seem to grab an unnecessary amount of attention, without really contributing to the food theme?

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

@ziggy53 said:
    I'm not so sure about the stack of empty plates. They seem to grab an unnecessary amount of attention, without really contributing to the food theme?

I agree. Most of the time I wait until the end of the shoot to get in a shot for me. That allows me to let out my creative side. However with this one it wasn't possible, deviled eggs dry out so quickly and get crusty looking. Being early in the shoot, I was limited on what I could do.

Steve

Website
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator

@Cygnus Studios said:
    This was considerably more difficult that I had anticipated when it was on the schedule. Shooting white on white is never exactly easy, but one on top of the other provided me with quite the challenge.

I like the contrast of the elegant porcelain plate against the rough-hewn stone counter.
    I like the shadow dimensions created by the plate's scallops.
    I agree with others that the additional plates are unnecessary and actually take away from seeing the balance of shadow thrown by the egg onto the plate.
    To my eye there's a degree of sharpness lost on the yellow yolk.