Options

Driftwood Factory

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

All along the Atlantic Ocean side of north Florida and south Georgia barrier islands, you will find scenes like this. As the ocean erodes the shorelines, trees tumble into the waters. Time and weather then take over.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Nice Tom! Would love to find something like this for long exposures!

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    Nice Tom! Would love to find something like this for long exposures!

Thanks, Taz. I assume that you'd like to apply a bit of that dreamy water look you like. Next time I'm around those scenes, I'll shoot some long exposures and see how it turns out. Better yet, hop a plane and I'll show you enough stuff like this to last a lifetime.

Take care, my friend,

Tom

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator

Nice shots. I especially like the first one. One question in #2: There are a few spots on the main trunk in the lower right that look almost turquoise on my monitor. It's not clear whether these are shadows or painted. But they do look a bit odd to me. If they're shadows, I'd desaturate them with a soft brush.

• Options

@Richard said:
    Nice shots. I especially like the first one. One question in #2: There are a few spots on the main trunk in the lower right that look almost turquoise on my monitor. It's not clear whether these are shadows or painted. But they do look a bit odd to me. If they're shadows, I'd desaturate them with a soft brush.

Thanks for commenting, Richard. I hadn't noticed the spots you referred to. There is, in fact, a tinge of silver/blue common to a lot of this driftwood when viewed in the shade. Had I noticed these two spots caused by the shade of other limbs, as I do now, I would have simply employed the " Taz Mandate " and zapped the things.

• Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Plenty of foto ops there, Tom.

You could keep busy for a week.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins

Beautiful. Love driftwood, sand and ocean.

• Options

@Dogdots said:
    Beautiful. Love driftwood, sand and ocean.

Good gracious, Lady, where have you been? I'm sure many have missed you and your photo work. Get anywhere near me and I'll show you the mother load of driftwood.

Tom

• Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

I could use one of those in my back yard--send me one? Good stuff Tom!

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options

@redleash said:
    I could use one of those in my back yard--send me one? Good stuff Tom!

Gee, Lauren, I'm going to have to get after you too. Both you and Mary can add a lot to this forum....as you have in the past. When in Maine, I know you are exposed to many stunning scenes. Crank up that camera and share, girl.

You get yourself up into the northeast TN region and I'll haul some really big driftwood stuff up to you as a present.

Take care,

Tom