Options

Different theme on folders/galleries

JMJMNJMJMN Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins

How do I create a gallery that doest have the same features, i.e., logo, tool bar, background image, etc of the main pages in my site, I want it to be completely customized. Thanks as always!

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,451 Major grins

Some things will be easy, others need a bit of CSS. If you want a special folder/gallery with a different look, go to the 'Customizer > Just This Gallery ' or 'Customizer > Just This Folder'. From there you can change the theme and add content for that folder/gallery. You can't remove a logo, menu etc if it's in the red (Entire Site). For that you will need to hide it using CSS.

You can add a different logo and/or menu for that folder/gallery, but you will need to hide it using CSS when it's not on that folder/gallery. You need to find out what page node is by using one of the web tools, like Firebug.

• Options
    JMJMNJMJMN Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins

Thanks Mike. Where would I find CSS to hid the logo, menu bar, etc? Would my other option be to completely remove the site wide items and add them manually to each page? menu bar obviously would take the longest to do, but a person would only have to do that once for each page, and then when you create a new one. correct?

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,451 Major grins

You need to use one of the browser webtools like Firebug to find the correct CSS elements. If you don't know how to do this, you'll need to post your site so one of the helpers here can help.

There is no need to remove the items and add them manually. CSS is much faster and easier.

• Options
    JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee

Hello JMJMN,
    If you need assistance with specific customization you may also contact the Support Heroes at help@smugmug.com. If there is CSS for the resolution of the concern you have our Customization Heroes can assist.

Best,

Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero