A Soprano of My Own

queequegqueequeg Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited January 22, 2006 in People
The model featured here is my roommate Carolyn, an aspiring soprano who dreams of some day singing opera professionally. She needed headshots for grad school applications -- I needed practice. So we struck a deal. I'd take the pictures for free and she could order prints off smugmug as needed; I could use them as needed for portfolio shots, etc.

So... here are what I felt were the best. Not much PS work done so far, mostly cropping and the like.

Comments and critiques are most welcome.

52281635-L.jpg
Not too crazy about her shirt here -- I'm thinking maybe more of a closer crop. Her eyes just looked too good in this one to pass up (I had such a terrible time getting her not to squint!).

52281671-L.jpg
Her favorite out of the bunch -- although neither one of us much likes what's going on with her hair there at the top. I might try PS'ing it out.

52325990-L-2.jpg
One of my favorites of the bunch... now if only she weren't giving me her fake smile.

52328682-L-2.jpg
She has such long, beautiful, naturally red hair and she didn't want to pose in any pictures that really showed it off. She's planning on cutting it, I think, as soon as she's able.

Comments

• OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    Try shooting looking slightly down towards her. That would elongate her neck (therefor, flattering her beautiful face) and provide ample eye brightness due to reflection, whether it be from the ceiling in your room or the sky.

The first one needs some sharpening.
  • MattGoinsMattGoins Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    I like the second one, personally. The first and last look a little too stiff, and the background distracted me a bit on the third. Second though, thumb.gif
  • queequegqueequeg Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    Thank you both for your input!
  • AngelaAngela Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    Love number two...and the hair doesn't bother me, it adds to the casual nature of the shot.