16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

Comments

• Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins

...and I thought you were just a great landscape / nature photographer... now I see that you are an action photographer, too! Great shots, Taz! I think 5 & 11 are my faves of the bunch.

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Thanks So much Sara!

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,806 moderator

... And God Bless the rodeo clowns and cowboy protectors (American bull-fighters) who help to make Rodeo safe!

Great job showing the "pomp, romp and stomp" that goes into a modern rodeo.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Very nice action set! My favorite is 5.

• Options

Thanks Ziggy so much! Next year I will title it "Pomp, Romp and Stomp" if its okay!!

Thanks kindly Cristobal!!

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,806 moderator

@Stumblebum said:
    Thanks Ziggy so much! Next year I will title it "Pomp, Romp and Stomp" if its okay!!

It's yours.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options

@ziggy53 said:

@Stumblebum said:

It's yours.

Yay! Thanks!!

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

That's some powerful stuff, Taz. Very hard to pick a favorite but I go with #5. I was at a huge rodeo in Cody, Wyoming last year and I remember thinking that getting good photos of this thing would not be a walk in the park. If you do a lot of this rodeo shooting, I think you can develop a sense of anticipation as to the prime time to pull the trigger for maximum action. Regardless of the shooters plan of attack, though, producing a series of this caliber is just not easy. I applaud you, buddy.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

@black mamba said:
    That's some powerful stuff, Taz. Very hard to pick a favorite but I go with #5. I was at a huge rodeo in Cody, Wyoming last year and I remember thinking that getting good photos of this thing would not be a walk in the park. If you do a lot of this rodeo shooting, I think you can develop a sense of anticipation as to the prime time to pull the trigger for maximum action. Regardless of the shooters plan of attack, though, producing a series of this caliber is just not easy. I applaud you, buddy.

Thanks so much Tom! Yeah there is lot of things that get in the way....have to look for opportunities........since I have done it few times, now I kind of expect what will happen when, what lens to have on.....where to wait for action to happen...and when to just keep my camera down and observe. Cheers my friend!

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,034 Major grins

And here you go again! Great action shots and cowgirl portraits. I find #17 and #18 just a little scary!

• Options

@Cavalier said:
    And here you go again! Great action shots and cowgirl portraits. I find #17 and #18 just a little scary!

Thanks so much Jo! I am sorry to say...both of those cowboys did get hurt......but they are used to it....I think.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins
    edited July 7, 2017

Great action set. I don't have one favourite but at least 4 - 5, 16, 17 and 18. A minor remark to the first shots could be: If anyone can promote US it's the americans themselves :) but of course they are also first in line :D

• Options

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    Great action set. I don't have one favourite but at least 4 - 5, 16, 17 and 18. A minor remark to the first shots could be: If anyone can promote US it's the americans themselves :) but of course they are also first in line :D

Thanks kindly Jorgen! Greatly appreciate the input!

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Well done 'bum...

Good work on all phases...

Rags
  • Options

@torags said:
    Well done 'bum...

Yay!! Thanks much Rags!!

• Options

@Stumblebum said:

@torags said:
    Well done 'bum...

Yay!! Thanks much Rags!!

On a side note... I haven't been to or shot a rodeo in a couple of years...

I've scheduled a visit to San Bonita Rodeo for next year... :D

Rags
  • Options

@torags said:

@Stumblebum said:

@torags said:
    Well done 'bum...

Yay!! Thanks much Rags!!

On a side note... I haven't been to or shot a rodeo in a couple of years...

I've scheduled a visit to San Bonita Rodeo for next year... :D

Lets go together Rags! I know best way to shoot it.....assuming no major changes in life till next year! Cheers!

• Options

I'm up for it...

I'l contact you next year

Rags
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

great set of images! It was like I was there! So did the rider in image 8 get a bull horn up his rump or not? Was the guy on the ground in image 17 ok?

• Options

@JAG said:
    great set of images! It was like I was there! So did the rider in image 8 get a bull horn up his rump or not? Was the guy on the ground in image 17 ok?

Thanks so much Joyce! The clown saved the guy in image #7, but the guy in #17 got stepped on and had to be carted off.....same with guy in #18....bull landed near his groin....that kid was brave....still waked up....but hurt

• Options
    TasmanianTasmanian Registered Users Posts: 486 Major grins

Very good shots, particulary the 15. Bravo :)

God Bless....cowboys :D

• Options

Thanks Tasmanian! Yeah, these cowgirls and cowboys are amazing!!

• Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2017

I like the whole set but wonder that you didn't use slower shutter speed to show motion in some of the action fotos, Taz

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options

@willard3 said:
    I like the whole set but wonder that you didn't use slower shutter speed to show motion in some of the action fotos, Taz

Thanks Willard! I have to do that.....I keep fearing I won't judge the shutter right and mess up everything....but that is something I have to do....thanks kindly!