Southern oak bush cricket

Lord VetinariLord Vetinari SmugbugPosts: 15,001Registered Users Major grins

Southern oak bush cricket female - hiding as usual on the underside of a leaf.
sony A6000/Oshiro 60mm/ Neewer 320 flashgun. All shots focus stacked using zerene.

Brian V.

alt text

alt text

alt text

Comments

• Jørgen_BjerringJørgen_Bjerring Copenhagen, DenmarkPosts: 3,110Registered Users Many Grins

I like no. 3 the most. It's so hard to make acceptable macros of this kind of insects. If you show the hole insect you lose some of the idea with macro and if you go close to the body you cut these long antennas :D

Jørgen Bjerring
    Photos: https://jb-photos.smugmug.com/
    The one who takes a joke only for a joke and seriousness only seriously he and she have got both badly. Grook by Piet Hein in my poor translation.

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Smugbug Posts: 15,001Registered Users Major grins

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    I like no. 3 the most. It's so hard to make acceptable macros of this kind of insects. If you show the hole insect you lose some of the idea with macro and if you go close to the body you cut these long antennas :D

Thanks for the comments Jorgen. Yes these crickets are particularly difficult as they lay out flat on a leaf but I wanted to show the translucence of the body.
    Brian V.

• TasmanianTasmanian Quebec, CanadaPosts: 213Registered Users Major grins

3 for me, but the others are very good too

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Smugbug Posts: 15,001Registered Users Major grins

@Tasmanian said:

3 for me, but the others are very good too

Thanks for looking and commenting Tasmanian :)
    Brian v.