Android app and refreshing galleries

FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins

I think the answer is "no" but just in case I have missed something....

Scenario: I use the Android app to carry around cached copies of recent galleries in case I need to show someone quickly. I download while at home with Wifi, and want it to not download images on cellular data.

The problem is as best I can tell, I must actually go in and touch each gallery to get it to "notice" it needs to update.

To explain one reason this is a problem, I shoot baseball. I have a gallery for each game; those are easy. but I also have a gallery for each player which is a smart galley that selects by keyword. So when I shoot a game, maybe a dozen different galleries get updated, sometimes more. Worse, I rarely remember to update the phone during my LR session, and when I get around to it, I have no idea which players I changed, so I have to go into EACH player on the roster, just in case.

Is there really no way to say "you are online now, please update everything that is marked to be cached"?

On a related note, how the heck do I tell the app "never, ever use cellular data". My impression is when I start looking through galleries in the field, no wifi, that it is checking to see if there are changes. And if there are, I think it is downloading them -- at least it seems to. I have the "Sync on wifi only" set, but I think that's a more limited setting. Is there a way to say "just do not use cellular", because if I go into a gallery not recently sync'd, it seems to hold me up while it updates (and uses data).

Comments

• JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee

Hello,
    I would like to have our Mobile engineers take a look at your concern to give a more accurate response to your concern. I am having them take a look and respond. Give me some time to hear from them and I will get back to you regarding the syncing issue.

The only setting on Android regarding wifi use is "Sync over wifi only" and it says, "only offline and auto upload when on wifi."

Jen

Support Hero

Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero