Way back in the " holler "

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited July 11, 2017 in Other Cool Shots

I mean way, way back. I've been wanting to shoot this scene for years. Only recently did I gain access. I really wanted to get a shot from over by the 3 blooms by the creek. From there I wanted to structure a shot up the hill toward the main house at top right......eliminating the white house. I was told, though, that that might be asking a bit much of the folks there. I'm telling you, this stuff is right out of " Deliverance ".

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• duff65duff65 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins

WOW what a great shot

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Its awesome Tom! You hit the jackpot! Green and barns....something I keep hoping to find.
    I however do think that it is tilted to left a tad.....based on pole and barn edges on left....
    Cheers!!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@duff65 said:
    WOW what a great shot

Thanks for the visit. I appreciate it.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited July 11, 2017

@Stumblebum said:
    Its awesome Tom! You hit the jackpot! Green and barns....something I keep hoping to find.
    I however do think that it is tilted to left a tad.....based on pole and barn edges on left....
    Cheers!!

Thanks, Taz. What you're seeing are the vagaries of shooting old buildings and stuff in rural settings. The barn at top left actually leans left....as do the two poles. Look at the chimney on the left side of the white house. It's fairly " current " construction and is straight up and down. When shooting these old things, you'll go crazy until you accept that rarely does anything line up. For that reason, I religiously use an accurate leveling device on my tripod head. It's the only way to preserve my sanity.

Take care, buddy,

Tom

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

You are right Tom....Chimney is straight.....I thought that might be the case! Cheers!

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

You have a great eye for this sort of thing, Tom. Nicely seen and captured. Try not to get yourself shot :wink:

@Richard said:
    You have a great eye for this sort of thing, Tom. Nicely seen and captured. Try not to get yourself shot :wink:

Thanks much, Richard. I'm keenly aware that, at times, I've put myself in a dicey situation. I've never been threatened with a gun but on two memorable occasions I've had dogs turned loose on me. There's still a mentality deep in the Appalachians that demands consideration.