Options

Turn off customer crop option during purchasing workflow?

Ball3011Ball3011 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins

I looked around the site and couldn't find anything since 2011 on this one, may have missed it so my apologies in advance if there is a thread out there covering it...

Is there a way to turn off the cropping option during the purchase workflow? I have the gallery set to "Proof Delay" for those that I want to control, but was wondering if there was a setting that I am missing somewhere?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

As far as I know there isn't a setting that can be set. However, you could limit the available print sizes to only those that wouldn't be cropped.

Steve

Website
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins

As a Business plan customer, I've created different Pricelists for images of different aspect ratio's, then applied those to each image (though most are 3:2 so I can just use the default price list). Each price list only has sizes that match the aspect ratio.

I'd love to get in a "No Crop" feature into SmugMug but we haven't been able to prioritize it as of yet. Lots of other great things we're working on and I hope we can do this one day.

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    Ball3011Ball3011 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins

Thank you! That is basically my approach for now (also a Business Plan customer with multiple price lists... Landscape, Pano, iPhoneography, etc), it would be great to have a simple check box that turns that functionality off for a price list, gallery (my choice) etc.

thanks for checking in!

@leftquark said:
    As a Business plan customer, I've created different Pricelists for images of different aspect ratio's, then applied those to each image (though most are 3:2 so I can just use the default price list). Each price list only has sizes that match the aspect ratio.

I'd love to get in a "No Crop" feature into SmugMug but we haven't been able to prioritize it as of yet. Lots of other great things we're working on and I hope we can do this one day.