Wanna play pool?

NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
edited January 19, 2006 in People
Hi friends!

One last shot of that hotel in Hungary, I promise! :bow

I really would love some opinions on this. I did a lot of postprocessing on this image. The right third of the background is actually copied from the left side, because there stood an enormous dart machine that ruined the whole image. The light was very dim and had that strong color cast, like candle light.

I like the image as a whole, I like the scene and the pose. Do you agree?

But, I don't know what to do with it. Somehow it seems dull to me, like there is more potential hidden inside of it.

Ok, here is the first version, with slight color correction and of course the background fixed up:
Wanna play some pool?

52906832-L.jpg
I think this picture could be best at BW? :scratch I used PWL on this to brighten up the face and darken the background a bit.
52906743-L.jpg
What do you think? Any suggestions are more than welcome!

Regards,
Andreas

Comments

• JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    I like the color version better. I like the pose. I think I would like the mode looking at me though, and a catchlight in her eyes.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    I like the color version better as well, I'd like to see it not quite so centered in the frame.
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    i like it as a whole as well,
    Nice job with the pp on the background. What I had in mind can't be changed in pp, but since her eyes are already at eye level or above us, it didn't make sense to me that she was looking up, especially since it's a suggestive title and provocative pose - the guy coming to play pool would have to be reeeeeeally tall!

The only other thing I could think of is that it's very yellow, which isn't necessarily a detriment. I wonder if reducing the yellow a bit would do much. I do prefer the color version.

Nordic wrote:
    Hi friends!

One last shot of that hotel in Hungary, I promise! bowdown.gif

I really would love some opinions on this. I did a lot of postprocessing on this image. The right third of the background is actually copied from the left side, because there stood an enormous dart machine that ruined the whole image. The light was very dim and had that strong color cast, like candle light.

I like the image as a whole, I like the scene and the pose. Do you agree?

But, I don't know what to do with it. Somehow it seems dull to me, like there is more potential hidden inside of it.

Ok, here is the first version, with slight color correction and of course the background fixed up:
    Wanna play some pool?

52906832-L.jpg

I think this picture could be best at BW? headscratch.gif I used PWL on this to brighten up the face and darken the background a bit.

52906743-L.jpg

What do you think? Any suggestions are more than welcome!

Regards,
    Andreas

Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2006
    Hi!

Thank you very much for your responses!

Ok, everyone seems to like the color version better, so I did another one. I blurred the background a bit more, and played around with saturation and color balance. I think this is a lot better, what do you think?
    53021104-L.jpg
    The second point was that you would like to be looked at by the model.
    Like this?
    53021132-M.jpg

or this?

53021150-M.jpg
    I only like the shot where she looks upwards. But I get your point.
    Those were the unmodified shots, BTW, so enjoy the ugly background! :D

Tessa, I really never thought about what you wrote, with the provocing title and the tall guy. Laughing.gif!!! Actually I just made the title up to get the attention of the fellow DGrinners. :)
    I don't find the image that much provocing. It reminds me more of a kind of temple, with the marble in the background, and a statue in the center.

Regards,
    Andreas