Vertical lines on 1DsMkII

UmbroUmbro Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited January 19, 2006 in Cameras
Received my new 1Ds2 last week, great i thought 'til i saw the images on the mac.
Has anyone here had anything like this and if so would be interested in how it got resolved?

I upgraded the firmware to 1.1.4 but no luck,tried raw,jpg, different iso's, under and overexposing, flash on and off, different lenses, and anything else i could think of.

Mines gone back to Canon for a full refund, think i'm gonna wait till the new model comes out

Comments

• UmbroUmbro Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2006
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited January 18, 2006
    I was going to say "That's not a defect, that's a feature!" but probably doesn't seem funny to you at this point in time.

I wonder if Canon has seen this before - I just got off the phone with Canon service as I have an overexposed white stripe at the very superior border of my images shot at higher shutter speeds ( 1/200, 1/4000) with my 1DsMkII and he asked me if I had the current firmware and it sounded like he had heard of stripes in the image before also. I may be misinterpeting what was said, so take it with a grain of salt. If yours is brand new, I would expect them to swap it out also.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    Ouch. I never saw anything like that with my 1Ds Mark II. It's got to be a mfg issue - insist on another, new unit...

Good luck!
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited January 18, 2006
    Umbro wrote:
    Mines gone back to Canon for a full refund, think i'm gonna wait till the new model comes out
    Since you sent it back already, this is an academic exercise.
    But did you try a different CF memory card?
  • bphillybphilly Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited January 19, 2006
    proof that nikon is vastly superior hah
  • UmbroUmbro Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited January 19, 2006
    Pathfinder, sorry to here about your trouble hope you get it sorted.
    I thought everything would be cured with the firmware update, but after reading the fix it was for horizontal lines not verticalrolleyes1.gif

Andy, i've been searching google and found it's been referred to as "Canon banding" but you have to be very lucky to experience itrolleyes1.gif . Can't really find anything concrete "fixwise"

Kdog, i tried different cards and tried formating two or three times to see if that helpedne_nau.gif

Bphilly, i take it that's what Father Christmas brought you then, ah well beggars can't be choosersthumb.gif