Options

Access to client 'Shared with me' Dashboard through my Customized login page?

pmbpropmbpro Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
edited August 19, 2017 in SmugMug Customization

I'd posed this question in a months-old thread I had started and got great help for, but just realized I probably should have just posted a new thread for this particular question instead.

I have a Power account, and using the 'Shared with me' feature for private galleries with people. When someone receives the SmugMug email invite, they click on it, which takes them to the SmugMug's 'Shared with me' login page.

They login, and it takes them to their Dashboard at https://www.smugmug.com/dashboard -- no problem there.

In the Navbar, I'd also incorporated the Dashboard link in the 'Client Access' selection under the Film Stills' menu, and that seems to work too.

However, I currently have this Customized 'Client Access' page too, with the login button when someone goes to my site and clicks on 'Client Access' thumbnail at this page http://www.pmbimages.com/Film-Stills-Home .

The problem is that when a client logs in through that page with the button, it takes them to this second 'Client Access' page below (without the login button) instead of their dashboard.

Is there a way to have the client go straight to the Dashboard ( https://www.smugmug.com/dashboard ) using that Log In button on my customized page (thereby skipping that second page altogether)?

Or, is that impossible to do? I was hoping I could use my customized login page instead. The only other option would be to have that Client Access thumbnail hidden completely (make it unlisted), but I was hoping I could still have it visible.

Can someone help me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

pmb images
Film/TV Stills Photography
"When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." ~ Henry J. Kaiser

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins
  • Options

Hi @Hikin' Mike!
    It's when you click on the "Client Access (Private")" folder on the far right on that page. That customized Access denied page (which you'd helped me with a while back), comes up, showing that Log In button.

pmb images
  • Options

I see now.

I don't think you can customize that. I don't use that feature, so can't say for sure. Clicking the button shows the login page, but obviously I don't have username/password for your client stuff.

• Options
    edited August 19, 2017

@Hikin' Mike:

Yeah, it's weird. When that customized login button (in that first screencap) gets clicked, it takes the person to SmugMug's generic login page anyway (you can see my custom page faded out in the background in this screenshot below).

After they enter their login info there in Smugmug's generic login, it takes them to that second nearly identical customized page again (i.e. without my login button).

Do you know if there's a way then, to just click on my Client Access Thumbnail folder, itself and take me to the dashboard, thereby skipping even my first customized page?

This is going to sound crazy, but... could I just create a Graphic of the folder (to keep it on that landing page) and make it a button leading to the dashboard?

The only other option is to actually hide the folder completely, and tell clients to use the pulldown menu, OR... make a 'Client Access' top-level Menu header, but I didn't want to have that as the option when people land on the page. I wanted the locked folder thumbnail visible.

pmb images
  • Options

@pmbpro said:>
    This is going to sound crazy, but... could I just create a Graphic of the folder (to keep it on that landing page) and make it a button leading to the dashboard?

That should work. All you'll need is the URL for the password protected gallery.

• Options
    edited August 20, 2017

@Hikin' Mike said:
    I see now.

I don't think you can customize that. I don't use that feature, so can't say for sure.

Hi Mike, I forgot to ask you another question. I may not be able to direct my Customized page's 'Log In' button to go to the Smugmug Dashboard, but...

Is there a specific CSS code that can allow me to remove that Log In button completely?

I know it was not visible on that second page (not sure why or how that happened, as they both were at the same /'Client-Access' URL).

If I could remove that login button, and add my own graphic button on there, I'd be content with that.

pmb images
  • Options
    /**
    * Hides Login Button
    ***************************************************/
    .sm-user-ui .sm-access-denied-section button{
        display: none;
        }

• Options

Thanks @Hikin' Mike !

I'm such a dolt, LOL!
    I'd discovered that even after removing that login button, I couldn't add an HTML link on that page to create the dashboard link that I want, since it was edited the overall Theme's Advanced CSS section.

I then realized I made this harder for myself!
    I could have just created a regular HTML page after all, and then making the text link to the dashboard on that (or even make my own login button there), bypassing my original 'click-on-folder-for-dashboard-page' intention completely. <smh> :s
    My mind was just sooo 'stuck' on keeping the original folder visible as when I didn't have to -- just make a visible substitute regular html Page with the same thumbnail, instead (keeping the 'real' contents folder Unlisted so only I can see them, to upload images).

Now the link leads to both the customized 'Access denied' page and highlighted instruction link like I'd wanted.

http://www.pmbimages.com/Film-Stills/Client-Access

Thanks for your time and help, Mike! Now I know I brain needs a vacation along with the rest of me, LOL!

pmb images