Options

slide show settings

CarSalesmanCarSalesman Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins

I have slide shows on www.donferrario.com/iceland. When I click the double headed arrow to fill the screen with one of the slide shows, the images do not expand to fill the screen horizontally. They do appear adjusted for vertical size, but the panorama images do not fill the screen horizontally. All of the original images have far more resolution than my 1920x1080 monitor. Some of them are stiched panoramas, many thousands of pixels wide. My browser is set for 100% zoom.

Related question: I am using the slide show method of selecting individual photos for the show. I am limited to 40 images using that method. Whats the chances of removing, or significantly increasing that limit? I'd like to have at least 100, maybe more. I assume this could be worked around by collecting the images into a folder and using that folder as the source?

I typically put 3 to 6 galleries in a folder. I'd like to easily create a slide show that randomly displayed from all the galleries in the folder. Would be nice if the slide show wideget allowed you to select a folder, and automatically grab any content within that folder (including updates as they may happen).

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator

I just opened the slideshow on that page and saw that some of the images do fill the screen horizontally. It's probably related to the aspect ratio of the photo.

As far as I know the Original images will never be shown in a slideshow. They are used for printing but not for display purposes.

• Options
    CarSalesmanCarSalesman Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins

Here's an example. In a static image this image fills the width of the browser:
    http://www.donferrario.com/Iceland/Highlands/i-hHcVDTC/A

The same image is contained in the "scenic" slide show, which is the one in the center of the page www.donferrario.com/iceland. On the page itself, the image fills the width of the container.

When you click the double headed arrow for that slide show, the browser goes full screen. As the images rotate (its set to random), when that image come up the horizontal space does not go the entire width of the browser. It seems the slide show itself is limited in width, which is different than the static gallery images. If I shrink the browser window the image scales down, but as the browser gets larger it only goes so far. It appears the slide show has an image size limit of approximately 1500 pixels?

• Options
    JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee

Hello CarSalesman,
    Looking at the page with the slideshows, http://www.donferrario.com/Iceland, I see the issue you are referring to. There is actually a bug responsible for what you are seeing. It has been reported and I have noted the bug with this thread so that when it has been resolved we can advise.

Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero