Options

Moon Over the Merced Theater

Comments

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins

Excellent comp! The shapes and colors in the signs are nice against the moon. I love that the shadow of the tower is just peaking through.

I'm ashamed to say I've probably passed the theater a number of times without noticing the architecture. I'm pleasantly surprised that the moon was a nice beige/white color, what with all the smoke in the area! Nice to see that maybe the smoke is clearing out a little.

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins

@Cavalier said:
    Excellent comp! The shapes and colors in the signs are nice against the moon. I love that the shadow of the tower is just peaking through.

I'm ashamed to say I've probably passed the theater a number of times without noticing the architecture. I'm pleasantly surprised that the moon was a nice beige/white color, what with all the smoke in the area! Nice to see that maybe the smoke is clearing out a little.

Thanks! I planned on going the day before (Monday) so you can see more of the tower, but it looked too cloudy/smokey so stayed home. I was kicking myself for not going because it looked like it cleared near sunset/moon rise time. Figured I go on Tuesday regardless of conditions since the moon wasn't going to be close until April.

I've always loved the architectural of that Theater (or Theatre as I've seen).