Ironworker

TasmanianTasmanian Registered Users Posts: 486 Major grins

Comments

• Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2017

Nice shot with a lot of things to see. I'm willing to bet that this location would make an awesome panoramic!

GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • IMAGEMAXIMAGEMAX Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    Interesting! And looks like he knows what he's doing as well, looking at all those lanterns hanging up, does he restore those or is he a collector, thanks!
  • TasmanianTasmanian Registered Users Posts: 486 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2017

Thanks !

He Restore, collect and create a pieces.

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,765 moderator
    edited October 6, 2017

Didn't you show this image sometime ago? Perhaps as a black-and-white? (Bas-Saint-Laurent)

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums

Possible, I don't remember. I have a B&W version.

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,765 moderator

Found it. Thread was titled "Handmade" (June 29, 2017)

https://dgrin.com/discussion/262126/handmade#latest

Sorry, I meant to reply to that thread but didn't, so I'll reply here instead.

I do like the color version much better. The scene is easier to mentally process and the subject is much easier to instantly recognize from the background clutter. (I use the term "clutter" as a nonpejorative and if you saw how I work you would understand. )

If I had one wish it would be to see all of the legs and feet from the project he was working on, but we see enough to imagine the likely results. I also imagine that this artisan has a few thousand stories to tell about all his acquisitions and art.

Nicely seen and thanks for sharing.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • cosmicrealitycosmicreality Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2017
    I like the color version, but I think the b&w can also work if it wasn't made to be so contrasty.

Totally agree that it's a fun shot to look at as there are so many details. This would be great as a large print, imo

San Francisco wedding photographer. My portfolio: chocostudio.com/city-hall/

Thanks to you :)

Not possible to tak the legs, a box was there... :/