Options

A couple of street shots

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,908 moderator

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins
    edited September 24, 2017

Great synchronization and I love the correspondence or discrepancy (if one like that more) between the butt and the belly :D

• Options

Thanks Jørgen. Glad you liked them.

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Good grab Richard

Rags
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

I love that second shot. There's a lot to entertain the eye. As usual, I find your conversion work appealing.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

Thanks, Rags and Tom.

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Great! Good street action, the second one is funny, lots of things happening after you stop staring at the but... :)

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,236 moderator

The second photo pulls me in every time I look at it, very interesting!

• Options
    studio12cstudio12c Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins

I Love Black and White. Sometimes colour blurs the content of the subject. (If you know what I mean). Nice work

• Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

They both are interesting images. The first almost has the flow of a race. With the stride of the woman in the foreground being the fastest. Then I wonder what she needs a bucket and emty bottle for? Makes me wonder if she found new bathroom accessories (we call them honeybuckets and poormans urnals) :blush:

The second image has a lot to look at. Is the man is checking out the woman with the dog? Or is he looking at the dog? There is no leash or collar on the dog, does it belong to the lady or was it just following her? What on earth is under the tarps that is so heavy for the man to pull the wagon?

Both are excellent images to let the imagination answer the questions! Kudos Richard!

• Options
    edited October 3, 2017

Thanks, everyone. It might not be obvious, but the bucket in the first one is metal, which caught my eye immediately--urban buckets are usually brightly colored plastic. She looked like she came from the farm of another century, except for the backpack, which added a surreal touch. In the second, the woman looked as if she had stepped out of a fifties Italian movie. The dog was hers and a perfect prop for the look. I actually do know what the cart with the tarp was about, but I think it's more fun if I just leave it to your imagination. I had taken a number of shots of each of them separately and just barely managed to get into position to have them both in the same frame. I'd like to think that Fellini would have been pleased with the result.

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins

I think it would put a smile on Fellini's face. I do like them both, but the second has so many stories. And I'm so glad to see the Street & Documentary thread going back to street and documentary roots.

• Options

Cheers, Jo. Thanks for commenting.