Options

Firefox Quantum not playing well with smugmug

Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
edited September 29, 2017 in SmugMug Support

I'm using the new firefox quantum 57.0b3 beta and it is not playing well with smugmug.

Thankfully my public pages are loading in seconds, but trying to click on an image or getting into a private or unlisted gallery takes forever. By forever, I mean 25 minutes at a minimum.

I'm seeing a little box that says "Transferring data from secure.livechatinc.com" that just stays there. I can't say that has anything to do with it, but it's there so I figured that I would mention it.

I've tried this on 2 different computers and my tablet and it's all the same. I've clear my cache, delete history and cookies and still it just hangs up. Everything works fine on IE and non beta firefox, and the simple solution is to not use this new firefox, and that is great for me, but if the public decides to use it in mass, that could lead to issues.

This is what it looks like in the quantum: The regular version comes out in Nov ??? Now it is in beta.

Steve

Website

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,922 moderator
    edited September 30, 2017

What is livechatinc.com? I'm a regular FF user and have never seen that. Do you see it on other sites as well? Is it something you use on your site? Does SmugMug use it? Could it be something Mozilla uses in betas but not in production? I'd post a query on the Mozilla forum if I were you.

• Options

I've never noticed it before but the only site that I've seen this pop up on is mine (yesterday was the first time I noticed it). So I can't say if this is new or if I've just never noticed it because my site never got hung before.

I've switched to regular firefox 56.0 and I still see it. However it flashes very quickly along with things like cdn.smugmug.com, cdn.livechatinc.com and a handful of other things, but now my site loads fast so it's hard to notice all the things that it says.

I've made a quick video. These little things pop up in the bottom left corner of the screen and are very fast, but this livechat thing pops up a few times. Sometimes it says transferring and other times it starts with cdn.

Maybe this livechat thing has nothing to do with why it was hanging up on the beta version, but it was just the last thing to pop up.

https://youtu.be/MzuOneDYGxo

Steve

Website
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins

Hi Steve,
    We only support final release versions of the browsers we support. Beta releases are not supported as there may still be issues and unexpected results with them. If you see an issue with a final release version of a supported browser, please do report that, but for betas there's no need.

Livechat is what we use for providing chat support on Portfolio and Business plans.

Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options

Fair enough. I'm so used to smugmug being so good that I sometimes forget that you guys can't always fix all the problems other services might create. :D

Steve

Website
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,810 moderator

@Cygnus Studios said:
    Fair enough. I'm so used to smugmug being so good that I sometimes forget that you guys can't always fix all the problems other services might create. :D

Please do report this bug to Mozilla as a part of your public beta, testing report. They won't fix what they are not aware of.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums