Northern Rockies

pathfinderpathfinder Drive By Digital Shooterwestern IndianaPosts: 14,079Super Moderators moderator

A couple images from Assiniboine.....

a glacier

And another

Comments and criticisms encouraged

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MAPosts: 11,210Super Moderators moderator
    edited October 2, 2017

I really like the first image. It pulls my eyes into the scene.

• black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLPosts: 6,129Registered Users Major grins

Very nice work.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.
  • pathfinderpathfinder Drive By Digital Shooter western IndianaPosts: 14,079Super Moderators moderator
    edited October 11, 2017

Thank you, it is hard not to take nice shots in the northern Rockies, they really are beautiful.

I have a couple images shot out of windows that I favor as well

from the lodge window

And from the helicopter seat on the ride out

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 6,872Registered Users Major grins

Love the first one! Cheers!

• cosmicrealitycosmicreality San Francisco, CaPosts: 26Registered Users Big grins
    Stunning detail in those first shots. Well shot and even better editing. Very natural and crisp.

San Francisco wedding photographer. My portfolio: chocostudio.com/city-hall/

• pathfinderpathfinder Drive By Digital Shooter western IndianaPosts: 14,079Super Moderators moderator
    edited October 11, 2017

Thanks for the kind words.

Interestingly, my first image was shot with a 5DMk 4 and a 16-35mm v2 optic ( which I use to shoot stars as well with, as I know it is sharp ) - shot on a tripod.

The last two were shot with 7D Mk2 and a Tamron 16-300mm zoom, as was the second image, all hand held. The third image was a 5DMk 4 with a standard EOS 24-105 v1 optic, and I don't recall if I used tripod for it - shutter speed was 1/1000th so it was probably hand held.

Here is another glacier with the 5D Mark 4 and the 24-105

And here is a view from my cabin window with the 7D Mk 2 and the Tamron 16-300 handheld at 16mm. Lightroom Lens Profiles really are wonderful tools

• roaddog52roaddog52 Major grins In the sticks, NE of SeattlePosts: 905Registered Users Major grins

All wonderful images. Hard not to find a good shot in the Rockies. I really like the uniqueness of the shot through the lodge window

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!

Thanks Phil. The Transform feature - Full - in Lightroom really makes it pretty easy to get images squared away rectilinearly - really helps make shooting through windows more acceptable I think.

Glad you liked my images.

• CornflakeCornflake Major grins Posts: 2,003Registered Users Major grins

Beautiful work. The light in the first one is really wonderful.

• GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderator Posts: 4,612Super Moderators moderator

Great series, looks a fabuloud location
    love the helicopter shot :)

• SiobhanLaverySiobhanLavery JerseyPosts: 10Registered Users Big grins

Amazing photos, #1 is stunning but #2 is my favourite, there is something etheral about that photo...