Steve says my shots are too "cool"...

traunerktraunerk Registered Users Posts: 513 Major grins
edited January 21, 2006 in Holy Macro
for the wildlife forum, so I'm posting them here. This is what happens when you get really cold and really windy conditions just off the Hudson River in Croton, New York...

"Ice" Plant

52728058-L.jpg

Anyone for a Picnic?

52728061-L.jpg

Hope you enjoy...regards...Keith
Beam me outta here!:winkKT

Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    love the second onethumb.gif but what the heck is the first?headscratch.gif

EDIT________________

nvm, i see it now. thumb.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    thumb.gif

Keith, I looked and looked for your dropped CF card, spent about 15mins round that area, nothing. Sorry ne_nau.gif
  • traunerktraunerk Registered Users Posts: 513 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    You really are a "mensch"...
    ...was very kind of you to look...as I said, i discovered a hole in a jeans pocket that i did not realize was there (and only shoved it in there to switch cards quickly, instead of putting it back in the camera bag like always (doh). I did switch it in that little park next to the railroad bridge, but given the hole it could have fallen out while I was tromping around croton point park as well. Checked everywhere else (car, pockets, flaps, nooks, and crannies, but it was not meant to be. just a few more dollars sucked up by another hobby...(cheap compared to everything else in this game)

So, am I gonna get you out in the cold one of these weekends? Regards...Keith
    Andy wrote:
    thumb.gif

Keith, I looked and looked for your dropped CF card, spent about 15mins round that area, nothing. Sorry ne_nau.gif
    Beam me outta here!:winkKT
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    traunerk wrote:
    ...was very kind of you to look...as I said, i discovered a hole in a jeans pocket that i did not realize was there (and only shoved it in there to switch cards quickly, instead of putting it back in the camera bag like always (doh). I did switch it in that little park next to the railroad bridge, but given the hole it could have fallen out while I was tromping around croton point park as well. Checked everywhere else (car, pockets, flaps, nooks, and crannies, but it was not meant to be. just a few more dollars sucked up by another hobby...(cheap compared to everything else in this game)

So, am I gonna get you out in the cold one of these weekends? Regards...Keith

Probably not on a weekend - but - the next fresh snow, I'm there. Call me.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2006
    Awwww I Love Them!
    traunerk wrote:
    for the wildlife forum, so I'm posting them here. This is what happens when you get really cold and really windy conditions just off the Hudson River in Croton, New York...

"Ice" Plant
    Anyone for a Picnic?
    Hope you enjoy...regards...Keith

Ohhhhhhh yes they look just amazing clap.gif forgive my excitement but gosh I couldn't tell you the last time I even so much as even seen Frost let alone Ice :D wow look how the light aluminates that first shot thumb.gif and like how cold does it have to be to make ice as thick as that ??
    Just amazing........ I'm stunned........ thank you....... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • eye-maxeye-max Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2006
    #1thumb.gif .
    Losing camera gear is a real bummer :cry. I lost a filter wallet with 3 nd's and a polarizer. Like you I was in ahurry and just crammed it into my jacket pocket. About an 1/2 hour later I noticed it was gone. What made that particularly annoying was the expensive camera backpack on my back.1drink.gif. I must remember to use it!
    max
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2006
    Oh brrrrrrrrrrrr
    That iced over picnic table is a great shot!

It's been two decades since I've seen ice like that!
  • junglejimjunglejim Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2006
    star trek critters
    The first looks like some mysterious growth from star trek. I wonder what Mr Spock would have to say.

that is the one I like best.

jim