Options

Scanning old family photos and crowd sourcing IDs?

tntctntc Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins

Our smugmug account has been idle for a while. I don't really remember all the features.

I've inherited a large number of family photos and have no idea who's in many of them. I'd like to scan them and get some older relatives involved in helping me ID them.

• If I put them on smugmug, is there a way I could give relatives the ability to tag or comment without making them join? Or even register?
  • Are there other sites or software I could host that are more suitable for this?
  • Any tips on bulk scanning?

Thanks,
tntc

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator

@tntc said:

• If I put them on smugmug, is there a way I could give relatives the ability to tag or comment without making them join? Or even register?

You can allow comments on your smugmug site but in order to leave a comment your viewer needs to be logged on. From the help page Manage comments:

Who Can Comment?

To protect your site from spammers, visitors are required to log in to leave comments. They can use either a SmugMug account, Facebook, or Google+ to log in and leave a comment. A login is required and it is not possible to turn off that requirement.