Options

Finally...to move from old design to new...

56Kruiser56Kruiser Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins

I know...it's been quite a while since the new design came out. My site is based on what now is a quite old design, where the content of my custom pages is based on putting html in the description of a gallery. I'm now thinking about transitioning into the current world.

I've been playing around with the new design, and finding I'm having difficulty.

For example, I thought I would try to re-create what I have but in the new design method. First thing I find, for example, is that lets say I create a new page from withing organize, and drag that page to the folder area I want it to land. It of course brings in the things that are set up in All Pages. If I click on Customize Page Settings, it opens up the dialog box that goes way down past the bottom of the page. There are no sliders to page down to see the bottom boxes. If I tab through them, the tab ends up out of sight. The only way I can see it all is to shrink the page to 50% size, then it's pretty much too small to read.

The next thing I find is this: On the new page I click on Customize Content and Design. The 'on Entire Site' stuff consists of the Logo, The Menu, Cookies, and Footer (which just has a Facebook link). When I click on Text to drop a text box in between the footer and cookie crumbs, there is not place to drop it. So I went to the Entire Site selecction from the Customize page (instead of just this page" and therer is a grey bar above the footer with the Facebook link (although the bread crumbs are not there...need to find where I added that). NOTE: My content does have a lot of CSS in it, which I recall adding from within the administration menu back when I origially did it.

Any suggestions for me to chase or look at in order to move forward?

I'm thinking it would be easiest if I could create a completely new site, while having this site remain until ready to publish the new one. I've already found something that affects the published site if I change it (in Settings area).

Not sure how best to proceed.

Thanks....

Comments