Options

Custom Shopping Cart?

KentinadaKentinada Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins

I'd like to be able to offer my portrait customers the ability to buy prints through my website. But if I turn on the shopping cart, it is on for anyone who might browse my galleries. While it's unlikely that some perfect stranger would buy a print of someone they didn't know, it would be desirable to only have the Buy button show up for specific client or to have a password on the Buy button that only the client knew. Ideas?

web: www.adahighlanderphotography.com
FB: www.facebook.com/adahighlanderphotography.com
blog: blog.adahighlanderphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins

Would creating a password protected gallery suit your purposes?
    So only the people with the password would be able to see the photos in that gallery and therefore only those people could buy from that gallery.

My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options

@AceCo55 said:
    Would creating a password protected gallery suit your purposes?
    So only the people with the password would be able to see the photos in that gallery and therefore only those people could buy from that gallery.

Not really. I want everyone to be able to see my work but only the specific client to be able to purchase.

• Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins

You would really need two galleries to accomplish what you are wanting to do. One gallery unlisted with the shopping cart on and then one public with the shopping cart off. Here is a link on how to make galleries unlisted.

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1229910?b_id=1644

What you will have to do to turn off the buy button in the gallery is follow these steps.

go to the specific gallery> settings > shopping > click the button beside the words "shopping cart" > click "off" > save

Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options

@Teach said:
    You would really need two galleries to accomplish what you are wanting to do. One gallery unlisted with the shopping cart on and then one public with the shopping cart off. Here is a link on how to make galleries unlisted.

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1229910?b_id=1644

What you will have to do to turn off the buy button in the gallery is follow these steps.

go to the specific gallery> settings > shopping > click the button beside the words "shopping cart" > click "off" > save

Thanks. That was kind of the path I was headed for.