Options

Links from SmugMug search results

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,908 moderator

I get a number of visits from people who use the SmugMug keyword search, but the way I have organized my site is leading them into a gallery I'd rather they not visit. Not sure whether there is a solution or not.

My workflow strategy has been to upload all new pics into a holding gallery called New Pics. It is a public gallery, but is not directly reachable through my site navigation. Once uploaded, I collect the color pics into one gallery (NewpicsC) and the B&Ws into another (NewpicsB) and manually sort the virtual galleries, which are visible and navigable. Periodically, I delete the collection links, and less often, I move the actual pics into archive galleries. This has worked quite smoothly.

I just realized that when my new pics appear in a SmugMug search, clicking on one then closing the lightbox leaves the viewer in the holding gallery, not the display gallery, which is where I want them to be. What I want is for SmugMug keyword search to lead to the virtual galleries. Is there some combination of permissions that will accomplish this?

Comments

• Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins

I might be wrong, but I think if you just make the holding gallery unlisted, it'll do what you want. Worth a shot. Just don't make it private.

Dave

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,908 moderator

Thanks Dave. After a bit of experimenting, I found that making the holding gallery non-searchable seems to have done the trick. Not sure whether there will be consequences down the road, but for now it's behaving like I want.