Photo editing software

ALPhotographyALPhotography Beginner grinnernear Savannah, GAPosts: 5Registered Users Big grins
I am sick of Adobe, and I am looking to change to another brand of photo editing software. I have Windows, so I need to stay with that format. Would appreciate any recommendations for replacement of Photoshop Elements 14 and Lightroom .

• ziggy53ziggy53 Still learnin'still lovin Posts: 19,327Super Moderators moderator

I use Phase One, Capture One Pro (C1P). Despite the name, it's an excellent RAW conversion tool which can also process most other raster image files.

It does have file management, but I'll admit it's much less useful than Lightroom. Since I have my own directory and file management system, it's less of an issue for me, but many folks do use C1P file management with good results.

Primarily I really enjoy the excellent noise reduction and Clarity control, both of which work better for my use than Adobe products.

C1P is available for Mac and Windows, and you can get a free 30 day trial. Purchase options include both subscription and license, single user and multi-user.

I have no affiliation with Phase One, just a happy user.

Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • ImYoshiImYoshi MadridPosts: 15Registered Users Big grins

Phase One is definitely a good choice, I once used it and it helped a lot. However, I prefer free editing tools like GIMP and Krita, which is quick, easy and has a straightforward display. There is surely more free photo software, you can have a small research an google and find the most suitable.

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Stuttgart, GermanyPosts: 86Registered Users Big grins

I can highly recommend to try a 30 day free evaluation of ACDSee Photo Studio. It has a full feature library management module as well as a very good RAW development and a photographic centred image editor. I use it in combination with Affinity Photo and am quite satisfied. I have never used Lightroom or Photoshop before, tho.

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site -

• Gary752Gary752 Major grins Central PAPosts: 933Registered Users Major grins

Take a look at Affinity Photo. You can do all your edits from RAW to JPG in one single program.

“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!”Ansel Adams