Options

Problem creating contact page

PRS1PRS1 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
I'm new to SmugMug and just setting up my site.

I am having problems creating a contact page with a link on my homepage menu. Every time I try to create a link it says "You need to enter and verify a contact email which can be done from within the Profile settings panel". I have already done this, my Profile has a correct and verified email address. I also re-entered and re-saved my email address in the Profile panel but still no joy.

Any help as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee

Hi, this usually means you haven't verified your contact email address by clicking the link in the email that we sent you after you entered that email address in your profile. Please find that email (it could be in the spam folder, too) and click the link, and you should then be able to add a contact link in your menu.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Ok lets assume I can't find the email, what then? Do you only get one chance to verify your email address and thereafter you are forever doomed? Surely there must be a very simple way to re-verify my email address. What would happen if I changed my email for example? It is seemingly very difficult and frustrating to find an answer to what is a simple problem.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins

Hi,
    For you to be able to use the contact page feature, it's crucial that you are able to receive the verification email. You may have our system resend the verification by clearing out the customer contact email from your profile, save the changes and then add the desired email back.

A change of email is done easily by entering the desired new email in the customer contact email field of your profile and our system would then send out a new verification email.

If no verification email arrives even after waiting for an hour or two and it's not in the spam folder either, you may have to check with your email host to ensure there's no issue with your email address / hosting.
    You may also get a free Gmail address as an alternative email to use if you continue to have troubles with your email and don't have an alternative address.

Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited November 28, 2017

It looks like the contact email and your account email were set to the same, so I manually set your contact email to verified for you, so you don't have to go through the hoops ^^^. Let us know if you have any problems.

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    Awesome, thank you 'leftquark', that worked nicely. My Contact form is now working.