Catching the Light - Aerial shot of the British Countryside - Phantom 4 Pro

IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Nice Ian......

Btu the dark blobby areas and blown out areas.....not helping....also in the blobby dark area on bottom right is has some bright elements at the edge that are cloning out candidate.

I would consider adding hint of info in dark areas by lifting shadows/darks....and see if there is darker exposure from which the big blown out blobs can be calmed down

Cheers!

• IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins

Thanks SB. I must admit, I did try to recover some of the blown out bits in the sky but as you know, once it's blown, it's blown. This was even one shot of a 3 shot AEB but I'll be honest, the Phantom only allows a 0.7ev either side of the middle shot which isn't enough in my opinion. I'm wondering whether it's going to be worth while doing an AEB in future and then deliberately taking a 4th shot and under exposing by 2 or 3 stops just for the sky. Actually, I can't see why it wouldn't be worth while :)

I've lifted the shadows a touch in the bottom right where the trees are. I must admit, I deliberately went for a darker area there to focus more on the light across the landscape.

I can't upload the alternative version just yet as for some bizarre reason, my gallery is blocked on the corporate filter as a file sharing site haha. I can do it later tonight though.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Still lovely image Ian....I only said all that because I like it and want it to be near perfect! Bring us more!