Two question: search and the notification count

jemostromjemostrom Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins

I haven't used dgrin much since it was switched to Vanilla (I find it difficult to read white text on black background) every time I do visit I find myself wondering about the same two things: How do I get for than 5 search results? When I log in I usually see some number beside the globe symbol, but when I click on it, it just says "You have no notifications" ... what does the number mean? I mean I thought it was the notification number but apparently not.

Jan Erik Moström

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,213 moderator
    edited December 12, 2017

@jemostrom said:
    I haven't used dgrin much since it was switched to Vanilla (I find it difficult to read white text on black background) every time I do visit I find myself wondering about the same two things: How do I get for than 5 search results? When I log in I usually see some number beside the globe symbol, but when I click on it, it just says "You have no notifications" ... what does the number mean? I mean I thought it was the notification number but apparently not.

The only time I see a number next to the globe symbol is when I have a notification. If I click on the globe when it is the default dim white it shows me notifications that had been sent previously.

As for the search results, if I am looking for something in dgrin I am more likely to do a google search with site:www.dgrin.com appended to my search words. I haven't had much luck with the Vanilla search.

I prefer black text against a white background too, too bad that's not an option.

• jemostromjemostrom Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins

OK, it's not only me then who find the search functionality ... ehh ... lacking. Thanks for the tip, I'll use Google from now on.

Jan Erik Moström