Options

Private album getting hacked??? Like Flickr and PB have been!!!!!

millerfotomillerfoto Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited January 19, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hey there

Just had a question on something. I have seen lately that alot of people have been getting thier albums on Flikr and PB gettin hacked and private pics downloaded and posted on other sites. This are albums that are supposed to be private and not show up. There is some way to access them tho i dont know how.
I am asking this because i have a Smugmug account and have some private albums i really done want anyone to see.
Can some one access them and download them???????
I have never given out the the url to them???
Just getting a little worried.........
I though it was better them being on SM then on my PC.....

Dont really want friends seeing wife in her b-day suit......

Let me know

Comments

• Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2006
    I am sure SM is secure, but in all honest... the Internet is not. If your really, really don't want someone to find out something or see a picture, you are best not to put it on the Internet in the first place.

Look at all of the large companies that get their customer's personal information hacked, it happens all the time.

To be the safest, don't put it on the Internet. If your friends are not hackers, then they probably don't know how to find photos of your wife in SM and hackers probably have better things to do (and their are easier b-day suits to find).
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2006
    millerfoto wrote:
    Hey there

Just had a question on something. I have seen lately that alot of people have been getting thier albums on Flikr and PB gettin hacked and private pics downloaded and posted on other sites. This are albums that are supposed to be private and not show up. There is some way to access them tho i dont know how.
    I am asking this because i have a Smugmug account and have some private albums i really done want anyone to see.
    Can some one access them and download them???????
    I have never given out the the url to them???
    Just getting a little worried.........
    I though it was better them being on SM then on my PC.....

Dont really want friends seeing wife in her b-day suit......

Let me know

Hi millerfoto,

Thanks for posting. If you follow our instructions carefully, you should be fine - have you see this help page?

http://www.smugmug.com/help/private-albums
  • Options
    millerfotomillerfoto Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited January 19, 2006
    Ok,
    cuz i just checked some more on this and i found if i look at the URL of a public album, for example myname/family/67099 and then look at a private album in the same catagory which may be myname/family/34333 it can be accessed if someone can figure out the 5 digit number for the album......
    So i guess i need to add a password to that too???? I will do that till i can get them off the site.......

Thanks alot