Holiday Experience

toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Tuning...

Ethereal sounds are really effective this time of year...

Rags

Comments

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Let me guess, was the piece Benjamin Britten's "A Ceremony of Carols"? Is that an orthodox church?

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2017

@sarasphotos said:
    Let me guess, was the piece Benjamin Britten's "A Ceremony of Carols"? Is that an orthodox church?

I don't know of the selections (great acoustics) , but I do know that it's not an orthodox church; not aware of any in San Francisco

This is Grace Cathedral a protestant house of worship

BTW Merry Christmas everybody.....

Rags
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Ahhh, I know I've been in Grace Cathedral once or twice over the years but I bet that last time I was in there was at least 20 years ago so I'm foggy on the interior details. It's just that the icon-like pictures on the altar look a bit eastern for an Episcopalian church. Hmm, I'll have to visit the website and find out more about their decor...

Take care and have a wonderful holiday season!

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Might be due to the stained glass, but there is a very strong blue cast in the shadows of #2 along the bottom and left and right edges. I'd adjust the white balance accordingly and maybe do some noise reduction there as well.

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

@Richard said:
    Might be due to the stained glass, but there is a very strong blue cast in the shadows of #2 along the bottom and left and right edges. I'd adjust the white balance accordingly and maybe do some noise reduction there as well.

Yup... moire...

Taken with my Nikon V2; which I rarely use

Took a bunch with horrible iso then realized the cam had three tiers of auto iso

Rags