Replacement/Upgrade lense for Panasonic Lumix 25mm 1.7 ASPH?

kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
edited December 21, 2017 in Accessories

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is some fellow MFT shooter around who owned the Lumix 25mm 1.7 ASPH lense and went for one of it's more higher priced siblings, the Olympus 25mm 1.7 or the Summilux 25mm 1.4?

I feel very comfortable with the focal length, in fact, I guess it turned out to be my favourite so far. But sometimes, I feel the image quality is average to slightly bad, especially when there is lots of fine details (branches, etc) in the background, even when stopped down to F/5.6 or F/8. I found these kind of pictures easily get a little unsharp in the details, and CA is a little bit of a problem as well.

So my naive question is: Is it worth upgrading from this budget lense (€160) to one of the lenses with same focal length in the "premium" area? Or is that a limitation of my camera's sensor regarding dynamic range or similar (I use the lens on a Oly OM-D E-M10 II).

Regards,
Can

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

Tagged: