Options

Using Organizer to move photos to new gallery- iPad Pro?

agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins

Using Organizer on my iPad Pro with Chrome/ Safari browsers seems to work fairly well. But I cannot figure out how to move photos from one gallery to another. There must be some secret to the process. Any advice is appreciated.

Acadiana Al
Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
Blog: Journey to the Light
"Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator

@agallia said:
    Using Organizer ...cannot figure out how to move photos from one gallery to another.

In the organizer, click on the gallery in which the photo you want to move lives. Open the tree of galleries on the left hand side. Drag the photo from the photos shown on the right (from the previously opened gallery) to the gallery in the list on the left side of organizer.

There is a video in the help page Organize your content in the section titled "Arrange/move photos" that shows how to do this.

• Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins

Unfortunately the Organizer is not touch friendly. I wasn't able to select a photo and drag it to another gallery using my finger on my iPad.

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options

@denisegoldberg said:

In the organizer, click on the gallery in which the photo you want to move lives...I n the section titled "Arrange/move photos" that shows how to do this.

Thanks, Denise. But those instructions don’t work on iPad Pro touch screen.

Acadiana Al
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options

@leftquark said:
    Unfortunately the Organizer is not touch friendly. I wasn't able to select a photo and drag it to another gallery using my finger on my iPad.

Much appreciated. Yes, I found that out. I travel so I am transitioning to using my iPad as my primary photo gallery and editing tool instead of my desktop PC. So is SM planning a fix so iPad users like me can take care of our gallery organization and customization on the fly? I hope so. Regards.

Acadiana Al