Options

Ghostcycle...

TasmanianTasmanian Registered Users Posts: 486 Major grins

:):)

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator

Very nice! And thanks for the reminder that it's been too long since I visited Rhyolite - guess I need to plan some travel.

• Options
    edited December 24, 2017

:) Thanks for the visit and best wishes for the New Year !

Have a good trip to Rhyolite and Death Valley :)

Don't forget to eat at Mel's, at Beatty :)

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,920 moderator
    edited December 24, 2017

That is very cool. I think it might be worth considering cropping the bottom to eliminate the rocks and the lateral part of the platform. That might make it more enigmatic, as it would be less obvious that we're looking at a sculpture. I would also think about eliminating the figure with the pick axe on the right (Smokey the Bear?), though I'm less sure about that. He's kind of cool too so it's a shame to lose him, but again, the scene might be more intriguing if it were simplified. Dunno.

• Options

@Richard said:
    That is very cool. I think it might be worth considering cropping the bottom to eliminate the rocks and the lateral part of the platform. That might make it more enigmatic, as it would be less obvious that we're looking at a sculpture. I would also think about eliminating the figure with the pick axe on the right (Smokey the Bear?), though I'm less sure about that. He's kind of cool too so it's a shame to lose him, but again, the scene might be more intriguing if it were simplified. Dunno.

Thanks Richard :)

Yes, a lot of possibilities. I have 4 versions of this picture, different crops, and B&W too. I choose this one... but others will be cool too. I'll post different versions.

Happy New Year !