Bicycle Racing - Intelligentsia Cup 2017

David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,165 moderator
edited December 26, 2017 in Sports

I shot one day's schedule of this local race series back in 2016 and ran this thread of that one. I had been negligent in posting the 2017 update for far too long and wanted to get this up here before 2018 was upon us.

Like last year, the weather could not have been more perfect with decent light and no wind. It was pointed out to me after posting the thread last season that I had my ISO's up too high - something I corrected for with this set.

The lake course was the same 1.4 mile loop with 13 rather tight corners and some challenging hills. The racers either hate or love this race site. We're happy to say the main series sponsor, Intelligentsia, has renewed again for the third straight year. I plan on being part of this again.

ONE. Over the Flowers. Masters 35+

TWO. Masters 35+ Head On

2017 Intelligentsia Cup Series - Tour of Lake Ellyn

THREE. Pro Women 1/2

FOUR. Masters 50+/60+ Pan

FIVE. Cat 4/5 Cornering
It was late into editing this that I noticed the right leg prosthesis!

SIX. Pro Finish
The race was a tie, by everyone's eyes. Instant replay was almost fooled. The rider on the left was declared the winner by one ten thousandths of a second.

My full 2017 race gallery is here with a link at the top of the day's outtakes.
Intelligentsia Race Series main link: http://intelligentsiacup.com/

My Smugmug
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
Tagged:

Comments

• PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins

Good work! nice panning and great color.

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,165 moderator

@Photogbiker said:
    Good work! nice panning and great color.

Thanks you! Very kind words. I think I expend more calories shooting a race like this for 13 hours vs. when I was the guy on the bike (in a much younger body). This same criterium was my first ever experience watching bike racing when I was around 11 years old. It totally hooked me in, and I did road and track for about 7 or 8 years, and also got a job working in a bike shop. Only College and a full time job put the brakes on training, and I had to stop racing. Then what did I do? I bought out my boss and owned the bicycle store until well into my 40's.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,813 Major grins

Great shots, David. You get the feeling of being right in the middle of the action. What is that flopping around from the pedal of the winner on the left? My favorite of the bunch is #2.