Options

Is this possible with Word Press & Smugmug

sgrottasgrotta Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins

Hi Guys:

It's been a while since I've been here on DGrin. No I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I just haven't needed to make too many changes to my smugmug sites for a while. That is now drastically changing.

I'm creating a new website to consolidate all my various websites into one. This includes my writing, speaking, consulting, tech sites, plus, of course, my photography galleries. I like the way Smugmug works, and I'm hoping I can keep that functionality by somehow connecting my new site with my Smugmug galleries. Here's what I envision, and I'm wondering it if is possible:

• My new site has a particular branded design that I want to keep consistent throughout, including in my photo gallery sections. This includes a banner, a Nav Bar, a sidebar sub-menu designed specifically for this section of the site (to make it easy to navigate among the various galleries), and color palettes.
  • I currently have two Smugmug sites: pixels.smugmug.com and AmHands.com
  • The photography section of my new site will have an initial page with two sections of thumbnails: The top section will have thumbnails for my American Hands project (AmHands.com), and the bottom section will have thumbnails from Other Projects (pixels.smugmug.com)
  • Clicking on a thumbnail will open up either a slideshow of images from that album or an autoplay video
  • The slideshow or video would either be a popup with full-screen option, or a new page that maintains the branded design -- Nav Bar and sidebar (which is a sub-menu), but no banner.

Essentially, I would redesign my current smugmug sites so I can use them to build these pages. In fact, I am moving the AmHands.com url to this section of the site. So that means I could possibly consolidate the two smugmug sites into one (at pixels.smugmug.com) for this purpose. And, yes, I would continue put a smugmug logo on the new site, if I am able to achieve this.

Is this possible? If so, how?

Many thanks, Sally
Sally Wiener Grota

Comments