Options

Changing the order of thumbnails

sgrottasgrotta Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins

I’ve ordered my thumbnails in the organize section, but when I created my gallery thumbnails on my home page, it doesn’t reflect that order. Nor does it allow me to drag and drop. How do I fix that?
Thanks, Sally

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins

Click the wrench on the box.
    Go to Display tab.
    At the bottom for "Sort" select "Organizer Position",

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2018

I don't see a sort option in the display tab. BTW, it's the home page at pixels.smugmug.com

• Options

I do see the sort option in tthe organize section, and I have it set to Manuel there. But it still isn't reflected in my home page galleries.

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2018

@sgrotta said:
    I do see the sort option in tthe organize section, and I have it set to Manuel there. But it still isn't reflected in my home page galleries.

I have 6 specific galleries on my site. I select them in order of preference.

• Options

Okay. That sounds logical Mike.

A couple of other questions:

• When I add a gallery to my site (via the organizer), how to I add it to the gallery thumbnails without having to remove all the current ones and reselect every one?

• I want to create a general slideshow from photos within various galleries that I will embed in my website. Am I correct in assuming that I have to gather all the selected photos into a single gallery or folder? If so, How do I copy images from one gallery to another in the organizer?

Thank you for your help. Best, Sally

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator

@sgrotta said:

• When I add a gallery to my site (via the organizer), how to I add it to the gallery thumbnails without having to remove all the current ones and reselect every one?

How are you selecting the gallery thumbnails? If you are selecting them individually then you will need to just add to your selection. If you want to show all galleries within a set of folders, add the folder to your selection.

Here are two examples on my site:
    This page - http://www.denisegoldberg.com/Kaleidoscope/ - has a Folders, Galleries and Pages content block on it. Since I use this page to highlight new galleries that are spread across different folders on my site, I edit this page when I add a new gallery, usually removing 1 old selection and adding 1 new selection.

This page - http://www.denisegoldberg.com/Gallery/ - contains a Folders content block with folders that I selected. I don't often add a folder at this level but I do add new galleries to the folders. For example, the first folder, Wandering near home, contains a relatively new gallery. When I add a gallery to the folder it is automatically shown within the folder.

• I want to create a general slideshow from photos within various galleries that I will embed in my website. Am I correct in assuming that I have to gather all the selected photos into a single gallery or folder? If so, How do I copy images from one gallery to another in the organizer?

You can select the photos for a slideshow using a keyword so you don't need to copy or move the photos.