Barrel cactus

CornflakeCornflake Major grinsPosts: 2,043Registered Users Major grins
edited January 13, 2018 in Other Cool Shots

Last Tuesday, with the assistance of accumulated Amazon gift cards, I got my first macro lens. A barrel cactus in our mountain preserve offered an interesting subject. I'm not putting these in the macro forum because one isn't, even though I used the macro lens on it. Criticism is always welcome.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MAPosts: 11,469Super Moderators moderator

Thanks for posting the first image to show a view of the cactus - it would have been hard to imagine based on the macro photos!

I find the second shot the more interesting of the two macro shots. It looks somewhat out of this world, probably more so since I don't see cactus here! I can imagine the thorns reaching for me.

Macro lenses are fun, aren't they?

• ziggy53ziggy53 Still learnin'still lovin Posts: 19,229Super Moderators moderator

The macro images remind me a bit of Fractalius /G'MIC processed images. However, these are so much more intriguing!
    Nicely done, both in seeing and in capturing/processing. Fascinating and commanding attention.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • CornflakeCornflake Major grins Posts: 2,043Registered Users Major grins

Denise, Ziggy, thanks very much for commenting. One thing that came home to me during this outing is that you have to compose this kind of image as carefully as any other, and it can be a challenge.

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,039Registered Users Major grins

Great work Don!

• black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLPosts: 6,147Registered Users Major grins

Very, very nice. I'd blow up that second one really big and call it " Ouch ".

If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.
  • CornflakeCornflake Major grins Posts: 2,043Registered Users Major grins

Taz, Tom, thanks. "I'd blow up that second one really big and call it 'Ouch'"." :)